The Osun State governor, Gboyega Oyetola, has inaugurated a judiciary panel as directed by the Federal government. The call to inaugurate the panel was as a result of the demands of Nigerian youths to an end to SARS. The unit has been reported for brutality on innocent Nigerians, extorting and killing as well.
Osun government inaugurates Judiciary Panel of Enquiry on Police brutality in the State.
See the names of the panel members below.
Members of the Osun Judiciary Panel of Enquiry on Police Brutality;
- Hon Akin Oladimeji Chairman of the panel (Rtd. Judge of the High Court)
- Mrs Kemi Bello Secretary to the panel (Director of Public Prosecutions, Osun)
- Prof Wasiu Oyedokun (Civil Society Organisation)
- Comrade Ismail Abdul Aziz (Youth, Chairman National Youth Council of Nigeria)
- Prof Grace Akinola (Academia)
- Biodun Layonu, SAN (Lawyer)
- Abayomi Ogundele Esq. (Lawyer, Rep, National Human rights commission)
- Mr Jide Akano (Rtd, DIG of Police)
- Chief Jumoke Ogunkeyede (Social Activist)
- Mr Teslim Salaudeen (Youth, NAOSS President)
- Com. Oluwasegun Idowu (Civil Society Organization)
- Abdulraman Okunade (NBA Chairman)